Slow Roasted Tomatoes with Burrata + Crusty Bread
Cherry tomatoes are roasted with smashed garlic cloves and olive oil until caramelized, then spooned over fresh burrata and crusty bread.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces burrata or fresh mozzarella
- crushed red chili flakes
- flaky finishing salt
- Fresh oregano, marjoram, or basil chopped
- Optional: crusty or gilled bread
Preheat the oven to 350* F.
On a rimmed a baking sheet, toss whole tomatoes with olive oil, smashed garlic cloves, kosher salt, and freshly cracked black pepper.
Arrange tomatoes in a single layer on baking sheet and roast for 40-45 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and slightly caramelized on the outside.
Let cool slightly, and arrange roasted tomato mixture (including any oil from the pan) on serving platter with torn burrata or mozzarella. Top with crushed red chili flakes, flaky salt, and chopped fresh herbs. Enjoy with crusty toasted or grilled bread.