Winter Citrus Vinaigrette
Take advantage of seasonal fresh citrus and make this Winter Citrus Vinaigrette! It's bright, fresh, flavorful, and it comes together quickly.
- 2 Teaspoons fresh orange zest about the zest of one large orange
- 6 Tablespoons fresh orange juice about the juice of one large orange
- 2 Tablespoons diced shallot 1 small shallot
- Kosher salt
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: splash of apple cider vinegar or pomegranate molasses for more acidity
Combine orange zest and juice, diced shallot, and a generous pinch of kosher salt in a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk to combine, and let sit for 10 minutes to macerate.
Gradually whisk in olive oil until combined (aka: emulsified). You can also do this by shaking up all ingredients in a jar with a tight seal, though whisking is my preferred method!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.