Everyday Kale Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing
This Everyday Kale Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing hits all the right notes for me. It's hearty, fresh, zippy, and it couldn't be simpler to make.
Meyer Lemon Dressing
- 2 Teaspoons Meyer zemon zest plus more for serving if desired
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 Bunches Lacinato or Dino Kale
- Freshly grated parmesan
- Toasted breadcrumbs
- Toasted pistachios or almonds
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- cooked grains, such as quinoa or farro
Make the dressing
In large bowl, whisk together Meyer lemon zest, Meyer lemon juice, and honey. Generously season with kosher salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until combined.
Prep the kale
To remove the stems, with one piece of kale at a time, hold the stem with one hand and use your other head to run your fingers along the kale to pull the leaves away. Repeat with remaining kale. Discard stems.
Toss to combine + let sit for 30 minutes.
Roughly chop kale and toss in large bowl with Meyer lemon dressing, adding more Meyer lemon zest if desired. Let sit for 30 minutes to soften the leaves and take some of the earthy, bitter bite off of the kale.