The warm weather has been rolling in in California, which means gorgeous spring and summer produce is all over the farmer’s market. Fresh and bright produce is always a welcome change after cooler months with braises, soups, and all kinds of roasted things. Every Wednesday morning, I take some time to walk to the Santa Monica Farmer’s market. It’s a great way to get my daily dose of sunshine, and I also love to stroll the market and talk to the farmers to see and learn about what produce is in season. If you’re ever in town, it’s a must! Lots of people talk about the benefits of cooking and eating seasonally, and while I don’t stick to a rigid routine of only eating seasonal produce, I do try to cook seasonally as much as possible. If you’re cooking with produce that’s in the peak of it’s season you don’t have to do a whole lot to the ingredients to make it taste delicious. Plus, there’s the added benefit of eating healthy! Lately I’ve been seeing fresh corn start to pop up at the market, and what better way to let it shine than in a classic summer dish, grilled corn?
One of my favorite ways to celebrate warmer weather is to get outside and grill and enjoy a backyard dinner party, and this dish is the perfect addition to any summer menu! I top this grilled corn dish with a healthy squeeze of lime juice, freshly grated lime zest, cilantro, crumbled feta, and it is so so delicious. This recipe is easy to throw together and it’ll be sure to impress at your next summer soiree – it looks gorgeous on a platter and has incredible flavor. If you don’t have a grill, a cast iron grill pan works great as well. Just be sure to open up the windows if you go the grill-pan route – those gorgeous grill marks make for a smokey kitchen! As a note, the below recipe works for about 10 ears of corn, but you can easily adjust it to make lots more!
Grilled Corn with Cilantro, Lime, + Feta
- 10 ears of Corn husks peeled back and tied, or completely removed
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Lime Zest and Juice
- Several sprigs of cilantro roughly chopped (if you don't like cilantro, swap it out for chives or basil)
- Crumbled feta cheese I love to buy feta in the brine - it has much more flavor and you can easily crumble it with your fingers
- Heat a grill or cast-iron grill pan to medium heat. While the grill is heating up, brush corn with olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill corn for 10-12 minutes, or until it starts to get grill marks, being sure to turn occasionally so all sides of the corn get nicely charred. This step may take longer or shorter, it just depends on how much corn you're grilling and also the size.
- Once finished grilling, arrange corn on a platter, top with freshly grated lime zest, juice, cilantro, crumbled feta, and more salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm!
Did you make this recipe?
I want to see your delicious creation! Leave me a comment below, and share a photo and tag me on Instagram with the hashtag, #whatannieseating !