This watermelon salad with lime zest and juice, fresh mint, and crumbled briny feta is one of my favorite dishes to throw together during warmer months. It’s a no-cook recipe, which is perfect for those hot summer days when I can’t be bothered to turn on the oven. This dish is great to serve at a summer dinner party or to bring to a BBQ, as it requires very little prep and packs a ton of flavor. Plus, it makes a great compliment to any seasonal summer dish. I love to serve this salad with my grilled chicken with Italian salsa verde, or grilled corn. As a note, when selecting a watermelon, look for a yellow patch on the bottom – this is where the watermelon sits on the ground and it turns yellow when it’s ripe!
- One medium sized watermelon (about 7 lbs)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup of fresh mint, chiffonaded
- ⅓ cup of crumbled feta (omit this to make this vegan)
- Optional additions: finely diced red onion or shallot, or something spicy like diced jalepeño or chili powder
- Cut watermelon into cubes, and toss with the zest and juice of one lime, chopped mint, and crumbled feta. Feel free to add additional lime, mint, and/or feta if you want those flavors to be more assertive!
Did you make this recipe?
I want to see your delicious creation! Leave me a comment below, and share a photo and tag me on Instagramwith the hashtag, #whatannieseating !
Head here for a different version of watermelon salad that I shared a couple of years ago.