Ready to amp up your grilling game? Make this simple grilled chicken with my Italian salsa verde! Grilled chicken is a summer staple, and marinating it in this delicious sauce for an hour will give it an extra punch of flavor. Plus, it looks absolutely gorgeous on a platter and will be sure to impress at your next dinner party. In this recipe, I marinate chicken thighs in 3/4 cups of the sauce, and reserve the remaining salsa verde to top the grilled chicken. You can certainly use chicken breast for this recipe, but you’ll have to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as they are usually thicker than boneless thighs. Boneless and skinless chicken thighs are my go-to for grilling, as they have much more flavor than the breast and they cook quickly! Additionally, even if you overcook thighs a bit, they stay very juicy, which makes for a foolproof grilled dish. Your best bet to check for doneness is when the juices run clear, and when an instant read thermometer reads 165* F.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Italian Salsa Verde Recipe
- Make the salsa verde.
- Marinate the chicken thighs in ¾ cups of the salsa verde for one hour in ziplock bag or a large covered bowl. Toss the chicken around in the marinade so it's evenly coated. Set the remaining ½ cup of the salsa verde aside and save for topping the grilled chicken.
- Remove chicken from plastic bag or bowl, and discard any marinade that's touched the raw chicken.
- Grill the chicken on a preheated grill (or grill pan on your stovetop), about 5 minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked and an instant read thermometer registers at 165* F. Remove from heat when cooked and lest rest for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken on a platter, and drizzle with some of the remaining salsa verde (that did NOT touch the raw chicken). I like to leave a bowl of the salsa verde out with a spoon so people can add more if they like.
Did you make this recipe?
I want to see your delicious creation! Leave me a comment below, and share a photo and tag me on Instagram and be sure to use the hashtag, #whatannieseating !