Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and what better way to show your mom you care than to treat her to breakfast in bed? Make your mom something special, like these pancakes topped with a raspberry compote! Greek yogurt, as well as meyer lemon juice and zest, make these pancakes fluffy and tangy in this recipe, but if you have a favorite pancake recipe or a boxed pancake mix you love, feel free to use that, and add a few teaspoons of meyer lemon zest to give it some extra flavor! The meyer lemon goes perfectly with this tart raspberry compote, so you won’t want to skimp on this step. Compote sounds fancy, but my recipe uses just two ingredients and comes together in a pinch. Typically, to make a compote, you slowly cook fruit in a sugar syrup, but I’ve got a delicious shortcut. My secret weapon? Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves! They add a gorgeous color, and the most perfectly sweet and tart flavor to this dish.
I am SO excited to share that I had the opportunity to partner with Bonne Maman and Honest Cooking to bring you this Mother’s Day brunch recipe! I grew up on Bonne Maman preserves, and they’re so good I have to admit sometimes I eat them by the spoonful. Bonne Maman is delicious, and made from simple, wholesome ingredients that can be found in anyone’s pantry. All preserves and jellies from Bonne Maman are Non-GMO Verified, have no high fructose corn syrup, no preservatives added, and no artificial coloring. Simple is best, and the proof is in the preserves! Plus, how cute are those jars with the gingham lids? I love to save and reuse them.
- Raspberry Compote:
- ½ Cup Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- ¾ Cup Almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs, separate the yolks and whites
- 2.5 Teaspoons meyer lemon juice
- 2.5 Teaspoons meyer lemon zest
- First, make the raspberry compote by heating the preserves over medium heat in a saucepan, stirring with a wooden spoon. Once the preserves are warmed through after about a minute, add the water and stir to incorporate to develop a thinner consistency. Turn off the heat and cover the pot while you prep the rest of the dish. Reheat before serving if necessary.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites, and set the egg whites aside.
- Combine greek yogurt, almond milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla in a separate, larger mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the yogurt and milk mixture, stirring gently until just combined.
- Whisk the egg whites in a mixer or with a handheld mixer until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. (Whisking the egg whites separately makes the pancakes extra fluffy)
- Heat a cast iron pan, nonstick pan, or a griddle over medium-high heat. Melt a small bit of butter in the pan, enough to coat the surface. Use a ⅓-cup measure to pour batter onto the heated pan. Cook the pancakes for about 3 or 4 minutes, until you see a few bubbles popping through the pancakes and the undersides begin to turn slightly golden. Flip the pancakes and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with raspberry compote, additional lemon zest, and fresh raspberries if you have them!
Also, Bonnne Maman is hosting an amazing giveaway right now, so be sure you check out Bonne Maman’s sweepstakes, for a chance to win a 12-piece Le Creuset cookware set and more!!
Did you make this recipe?
I want to see your delicious creation! Leave me a comment below, and share a photo and tag me on Instagram with the hashtag, #whatannieseating !