Happy almost Friday, and almost Valentine’s Day, everyone! What are you doing to celebrate? Get your cocktail shakers out, because I’ve got a boozy grapefruit, rosemary, and vodka drink recipe for you! Grapefruits are all over the farmer’s market right now, as they are in the peak of their season. Take advantage of their delicious flavor and make this easy and festive cocktail for your Valentine!
This cocktail is refreshing and gorgeous from the ruby red grapefruit, with an herbaceous note from rosemary simple syrup. A little splash of sparking water adds some effervescence, and garnishing each drink with a fresh sprig of rosemary adds a really nice aromatic before each sip. This cocktail recipe is perfect for a night in with your valentine or close friends. Cheers!
- Honey + Rosemary Simple Syrup:
- 1/4 Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Honey (Agave or sugar work as well; honey adds a delicious floral flavor)
- 1 Sprig fresh rosemary
- Ingredients per Individual Cocktail:
- 3 Oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (one very large grapefruit yielded about 6 ounces of juice for me, perhaps 1-2 depending on the size)
- ½ Oz Honey and rosemary simple syrup
- 1 and ½ Oz Chilled vodka
- ½ Small lemon, freshly juiced
- Splash of sparkling water - plain is fine, and La Croix Pamplemousse (grapefruit) is even better!
- Sprig of rosemary for garnish
- Make the honey and rosemary simple syrup by combining the honey, water, and rosemary in a small saucepan. Warm everything over medium heat for several minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from heat and let it sit, steep, and cool for 30 minutes. Remove the rosemary sprig and transfer the syrup to an airtight container and refrigerate (any simple syrup you don’t use can be refrigerated for a month or so).
- While the simple syrup is cooling, juice the grapefruit(s) and set aside.
- Once simple syrup has cooled and you’ve juiced the grapefruit, add ice to a cocktail shaker (or a large mason jar with a lid), and add your measured out grapefruit juice, simple syrup, vodka, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Shake to combine and chill all ingredients. Strain and pour into a cocktail glass with ice in it, top with a splash of sparking water, and a sprig of rosemary for garnish.
- Drink up, cheers!
Did you make this recipe?
I want to see your delicious creation! Leave me a comment below, and share a photo and tag me on Instagram with the hashtag, #whatannieseating !